The PianOrquestra, after 10 years in a successful career, presents their new project: DVD “Multifonias” DVD. The concept is based on our multifaceted music, multiple rhythms, identities, known artists and new composers, with different musical backgrounds and influences.
The recording of the DVD took place at Sala Baden Powell, at Copacabana. It united instrumental music made by “ten hands and one prepared piano” to established voices of brazilian singers and new talents like: Teresa Cristina, Monica Salmaso, Mariana Baltar, Manu Santos and Maíra Freitas.
The show combines elements of dance, theater, visual arts and technology combined with high performance level, and is the result of two years of intense research.
The result is an unprecedented and innovative musical formation, looking for the new paths at the MPB (Mrazilian Popular Music) universe, as well as it is a tribute to the centenary of John Cage and Ligetti.
The visual design of the project is by Batman Zavareze and the movement direction is our dear partner, Mariana Baltar.
- Repente (Claudio Dauelsberg)
- Pia no Frevo (Parte A – Taiane de Dodo e Osmar e Moraes Moreira / Parte B e Intermezzo – Priscilla Azevedo / Parte C- Passo de Anjo de João Lyra e Maestro Spok)
- Perk (Claudio Dauelsberg / Maíra Freitas / Gisele Sant’Ana / Mako / Marina Spoladore)
- Für Alina (Arvo Pärt)
- Ponta de Areia (Milton Nascimento e Fernando Brant) – Participação Especial: Monica Salmaso
- Ciranda da Bailarina (Chico Buarque e Edu Lobo) – Participação Especial: Monica Salmaso
- Recado (Gonzaguinha) – Participação Especial: Maíra Freitas
- Nazareth (Ernesto Nazareth)
- Música Ricercata II (György Ligeti)
- A História de Lily Braun (Chico Buarque e Edu Lobo) – Participação Especial: Teresa Cristina
- Uva de Caminhão (Assis Valente) – Participação Especial: Mariana Baltar
- Maria Maria (Milton Nascimento e Fernando Brant) – Participação Especial: Manu Santos
Tribute to John Cage:
- Sonata Para Piano Preparado V (John Cage)
- Sonata Para Piano Preparado XIV (John Cage)